The Cutter Theatre
The Cutter Theatre is a non-profit performing arts center that for twenty-one years has brought quality visual and performing arts to the Inland Northwest.  On the National Register of Historic Places, the 1912 building was originally designed by architect Kirtland Cutter as The Metaline Falls School. It served in that capacity until 1972, then as the Selkirk School District office. After being retired from use the building remained unheated for well-more than a decade suffering catastrophic decline as a result.

In 1990 Eva Gayle and Al Six of Ione, Van Whysong, Erin Kinney, Dave Daniel and a host of other educators, their partners, children and volunteers from Metaline Falls and the surrounding region championed the building's return to glory.

The These individuals, organized since 1987 as a nonprofit performing arts group, went about the task of purchasing the building. In the first year of restoration over 14,000 hours, most by volunteers were tallied. The theatre company and the former gymnasium within the school were officially named The Cutter Theatre in 1991. It was truly by community Will that the Cutter Theatre was born.


302 Park Street
PO Box 133
Metaline Falls, WA. 99153
509.446.4108
Email: Office@cuttertheatre.com
Website: www.cuttertheatre.com